Thursday, August 2, 2012

"A lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets"


As I was reading this passage this morning, something hit me really hard and I hope it is a thought provoker to you as well.
In I Kings 22, Jehoshaphat the king of Judah and Ahad, the evil king of Isreal have made an alliance and are now seeking whether to go up against Syria or not. Ahab bring in his prophets and asks them if he should or not. They tell him to go for and that he will be victorious. 
Jehoshaphat realizes pretty quickly that these men were not of the Lord and asks for a prophet of the Lord. Ahab complains, however, that Micaiah (the prophet) always bears bad news but after Jehoshaphat requests it, they finally bring him before the Kings. When Micaiah comes he tells them the truth he describes a scene in heaven that takes place before all this. This is what he saw...
I Kings 22 And he said, Hear thou therefore the word of the Lord: I saw the Lord sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing by him on his right hand and on his left. And the Lord said, Who shall persuade Ahab, that he may go up and fall at Ramothgilead? And one said on this manner, and another said on that manner. And there came forth a spirit, and stood before the Lord, and said, I will persuade him. And the Lord said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so. Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee.
Would the lying spirit be able to use me? I pray that he would not.
I teach at our church and the Pastor always says that those who teach the Bible must be VERY careful because they will be held accountable if they lead someone the wrong way. My heart was heavy and I asked the Lord to use my lips only for his glory and honor, to fill me with the truth. I would rather be "dumb" (without speech) then to speak against what the Bible would teach.
What about you? Would the spirit be able to use you?

No comments:

Post a Comment