Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Under His Wings


My husband and I took Avery to the beach for the first time the other day. It was very exciting and we took lots of pictures. It was great except for one thing. The sun was beating down and I had forgotten his hat. We went later at night, around 7pm but it was still very bright out and Avery is extremly fair and I didn't want him to get any sun damage. Well daddy had a Colts hat, so we "stole" that from him and Avery was protected.
We also have chinese exchange students staying with us, so while Jer and our girls were splashing each other with water, I sat down with  my back against the sun. I was sheilding baby Avery from the sun when this verse came to mind. Psalms 91:4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
It really made a mental image in my mind. Just as I was trying to protect Avery from getting a sun burn, God left us truth so that we wouldn't get a sin-burn. I love the thought of His feathers spread covering us. What love!




I am reminded of a story that was told to me as a child about a mother hen. The story is told of a man who was looking over the charred remains of his farm after a terrible fire. He noticed a lump of something in the barnyard that was still moving. He kicked it and from underneath came a little chick. That mother hen had faced the fire and gave her life to protect the chick.  How much more does God protect us.

No comments:

Post a Comment