Friday, July 6, 2012

The B-I-B-L-E

"The B-I-B-L-E, yes that's the book for me, I stand alone on the Word of God, The B-I-B-L-E. How many of us have sang that song, over and over again, but are we living it? Going to church and hearing the Bible or listening to or watching a preacher is great! However, that every day walk with the Lord is what feeds us spiritually.
 If we ate food only on Sunday mornings or even Sunday Mornings, Sunday Nights and Wednesday Nights, we would get physically weak really quick! This is also true in our spiritual lives, we can't just feed on the Word, once or twice a week. We must daily fill ourselves.
Many of you have young children and so you don't have any alone time. Courtney from Woman Living Well wrote as a guest for another blog, The Better Mom. Check it out for ideas on how to get time with the Lord even as a young mom. 
Maybe you have a hard time doing them, because you don't have any idea where to start. Read a Psalms and praise the Lord, Read a Proverb for wisdom, Go through the gospel and read, especially paying attention to the Words of Jesus. Don't forget to pray and ask the Lord to give you something before you even start reading. 
Right now for my devotions, I read when I'm feeding Avery. I read a Psalms aloud with Avery, praising the Lord, then I pray and finish up by reading a few chapters. I am currently reading through II Samuel and reading about the life of David.
Speaking of David, David, in the book of Psalms, addresses his spiritual hunger for the Lord.  Psa 63:1-2  "A Psalm of David, when he was in the wilderness of Judah. O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary." 
Do we long to be with our Father? Has he made a difference in your life? Do you know what He can do for you? Do you truly know?
We have the opportunity to talk to the most amazing, wonderful, good, pure, righteous, and loving God. He knows the future, He is the best guide for your life. Are you wasting your opportunity? Take time today! The B-I-B-L-E YES IT'S THE ONLY BOOK FOR YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment