Friday, July 27, 2012

Blessed...

"And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:19

Earlier today I was blessed AGAIN by a family member and I thought about how God doesn't just provide for my needs but for my wants. Then later I saw this picture and I just knew that I had to brag on my heavenly father. As you might know, my hubby is in the ministry and even though our pastor and church is EXTREMELY generous, we don't make the "big bucks." *gasp* I know you must be shocked :-)  Jeremy and I have always tried to be "smart" with the money God gave us and so we learned to live off of his income and put mine in savings. When we bought our house earlier this year, the down payment drained our savings. Then I quit working outside the house due to the baby arriving. I realized that I wasn't going to be able to go on "shopping sprees" or enjoy a luxurious vacation but it didn't matter because I got to stay home with my baby and help and support Jeremy in the ministry God gave him.
God could have stopped there with his blessings and we would have been spoiled BUT he contines to bless us. When I was "with child" :-) I was blessed with 3 showers. God knew we were not going to be able to get much other then what people gave us so he gave us EVERYTHING and I mean everything (I even got a video monitor) and I have so many diapers that I believe I will be covered for the first year. 
In fact, we were given so much stuff that recently I sent some extra stuff to those "flood victims" on the east cost of FL.
My sister gave me all of her pregnancy clothes and so I only bought one piece of clothing the whole time I was pregnant (a jean skirt) This was HUGE because I would not have been able to buy a whole new wardrobe.
Then my parents came down and spoiled us by helping us with multiple projects as well as helped us start a garden all the while caring for me after birth.
(Outside of Christ, This is probably my biggest blessings in life: My hubby, my parents and of course baby Avery)
Our house needed a lot of help when we moved and Jeremy's family helped alot with painting, peeling wallpaper and on and on. Jeremy's Aunt and Uncle came into town yesterday and are helping us lay tile. The list just goes on of how family member after family member have donated time and energy into our house.
We have also been blessed with lots of presents and stuff: Just recently, we have been given, carpet, house and garden tools, a lawn mower, serving platers, cookbooks, food, a beautiful wooden entry table, baby clothes, a new computer for work (Jeremy) and much more.
This week alone, the Lord laid it on a dear lady's heart to give me some money so that I could go shopping and get a new outfit for Avery's dedication. Wow, talk about SPOILED! ...And finally today, Jeremy's Aunt showed up with a beautiful vintage clock for our house. She had had the same one at her house and I had complemented because I really liked it. So she called around to Kirkland's and finally found one an hour away. Then she drove all the way to Palm Bay to buy me the same one.
Friends I could go on and on and on. The Lord continues to bless me with "extra's" I am sooooooooo very blessed. I don't deserve any of what I get, but I am thankful to be spoiled by my Lord. THANK YOU FATHER for going above and beyond all my needs!  - Rejoicing in all my presents. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment