Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Peace in the midst of a storm


Storms surround us, some we cause, others we are thrown into. Today was a really interesting day. It was pouring and raining all day, in fact in front of our door and where the car was parked were deep puddles. This afternoon, I was finally able to get to my devotions and  I was reading as I was feeding the baby but He kept interrupting me. I decided to do them a little later while I was eating. Later I turned back to the passage I thought I had been on to read the following.

Psalms 93:1-5  The LORD reigneth, he is clothed with majesty; the LORD is clothed with strength, wherewith he hath girded himself: the world also is stablished, that it cannot be moved. Thy throne is established of old: thou art from everlasting. The floods have lifted up, O LORD, the floods have lifted up their voice; the floods lift up their waves. The LORD on high is mightier than the noise of many waters, yea, than the mighty waves of the seaThy testimonies are very sure: holiness becometh thine house, O LORD, for ever. 


Since it was "flooding" outside this got my attention. I love where it says "the LORD on high is mightier then the noise of many waters." I love how God is stronger and more powerful then ANYTHING we can and will face. Friends, He is our peace in the midst of the storm. When a tornado rips apart your family or your life, HANG IN THERE! We have peace that God is in control. Later I was also reading Psalms 91:4  "He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler." I just feel so loved and protected!


I stumbled onto this picture Peace in the midst of a storm while writing this blog today. If you look closely or clink on the link above you will see something really beautiful. Take the time!
Joh 16:33  These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. 


God is in control, RELAX!!! ...and rejoice in the present

No comments:

Post a Comment