I had a bunch of old picture frames but I wasn't using them. I got the idea, from Pinterest, to spray paint them all white and make them uniform. It took multiple coats to cover them but it was well worth it. I am also currently working on a mirror I found at a garage sale for Baby T's room.
Here are some tips.
- Make sure that you take out the glass and cover whatever sides you don't want painted with painters tape
- If you are spray painting a picture that doesn't come out, like a mirror or chalk board, make sure that you cover the inside part with paper and painters tape
- You will need to spray multiple times, so place the frames on a tarp inside or somewhere they can stay protected while they are drying
- A great place to spray would be the garage. You can open the door while you are spraying and let the fumes out.
- Don't hold the spray paint too close but make sure that you get all the cracks and nooks of the frame, especially if it has an intricate design.
It is really quite simple and easy to do. I'm still waiting to print out some family pictures but that will come with time. Give it a try, find all your old frames and make a picture or mirror wall for your family like the one below from Better Homes and Gardens. - Rejoicing in the present.