So what did I do?
- I got rid of one of the shelves to give double the space.
- Then we installed a rod by drilling holes, installing and screwing them in. The rod is an old wooden broom handle that we were able to saw and cut to fit.
- If you want a more professional look, you can always measure the length and then go down to Lowe's. They will help you get exactly what you need.
- Now I have a rod that I could hang clothes on.
- Once that was finished I bought a small curtain rod and made curtains out of the extra bumper material. I installed these curtains so that I could hide diapers and wipes.
- On a side note, the curtains are only temporary as I am going to try find white or green material.
- If you notice, there is a string of flowers on the side. Let me explain: when the guys put this bookshelf together, one of the pieces was put on wrong. Because of that, this bookshelf had one edge that was really rough. I never liked it and so when I decided to do the Moroccan Garden theme, I found these flowers and glued them on the side. I LOVE how it turned out, it gave the armoire just the bit of garden it needed.
- As you can see, I have her bows displayed on top and so folks that is how you simply turn an old bookcase into a cute girly armoire :-)
- Rejoicing in the Present