This was one of the recipes that I found on Pinterest. It looked interesting, yummy and spicy and so I gave it a try. It turned to be SUPER delicious! I have made it 3 or 4 times since then.
What you need..
- 1 pound penne
- 1 1/2 t salt
- 1 1/2 t pepper
- 1 1/2 t garlic powder
- 1 1/2 T paprika
- 1 pound chicken, diced
- 2 T oil (or just 1T if you aren’t using celery)
- 1 cup chopped celery (optional)
- 2 T hot sauce (plus extra if you wish, see note below)
- 1 c mayo ( low- or non-fat if you want)
- 1/2 c ranch dressing (use the good stuff here since it gives most of the flavor)
- 3/4 c milk
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella or 1/2 cup blue cheese (optional, see note below)
- While pasta is cooking according to package directions, season
chicken with the spices. I use a Ziploc bag to shake it all up and coat the
- Heat 1 T oil over med-high heat and cook chicken (about 5
minutes or so, until completely cooked through)
- Add 2 T hot sauce and cook for one minute.
- If you are adding celery to your dish: remove chicken from
skillet, heat the other tablespoon of oil, add celery and cook for about 2
minutes. Then return chicken to the skillet.
- Combine mayo, ranch, and milk and mix in a small bowl. It will
be lumpy. This is where you can also add another tablespoon of hot sauce if you’d
like your pasta spicier. Add the sauce to the skillet with the chicken and
celery. Cook a few minutes, until heated.
- Pour sauce over prepared pasta and stir to combine.
- Top with mozzarella or blue cheese crumbles if desired.