Friday, April 11, 2014

Dinner w/ the Tylers - Chicken Spinach Lasagna

Over the last month or two I have resolved to cook more. A lot of the time, it’s cheaper, tastes better and is healthier.  I wasn’t doing great cooking and was very uncreative. We were having meat and a veggies almost every night and, well, the veggies was usually green beans. So, I’ve gone on a crusade to find and make a variety of different recipes.

I believe my husband is enjoying it and I feel better knowing that my son is getting healthier selection. So I’m going to share with you some of my favorite recipes.

Brandy from "Cooking W/ Brandy" is expecting #4 – YAY!!!! …but because of that she can’t stand the smell of food cooking, So we are going to give her a break and I will be sharing Dinner with the Tyler’s.

My dear friend Pat gave me another YUMMY recipe that I am going to share with you, Chicken Spinach Lasagna.  I was excited to make this because I knew my son needed iron and there was plenty in the spinach!  He loves this casserole, so it’s a win-win situation.

What you need…
  • 1 10oz pkg Frozen Spinach (thawed and drained)
  • 2 c cooked chicken (shredded)
  • 2 c sharp cheddar cheese
  • ½ c chopped onion
  • 1 T cornstarch
  • ½ t salt
  • ¼ t pepper
  • 1 (8oz) jar sliced mushrooms drained
  • 1/3 c  mayo
  • 1 T soy sauce
  • 1 c sour cream
  • 1 (10oz) cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 c grated parmesan cheese
  • 1 c chopped pecans.
  • Lasagna Noodles, cooked

Side note: Don’t freak out by the list of items needed.  If you don’t like something, you can drop it or if you want to substitute an item, go ahead. I have made this recipe so many times, and changed things, just because I didn’t have all the items in my cupboard.  It has always tasted super yummy!

What to do…
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients, except for the noodles, parmesan cheese, and pecans.
  3. Get out a 9x13 or large greased pan and lay a row of noodles. Then spread half the mixture from the bowl. Place another layer of noodles and spread the other half of the mixture on top. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and then pecans.
  4. Cook for 1 hour.
This is super yummy! I know you will enjoy it, so give it a shot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment