Lori, a sweet friend from church, threw us a couples' diaper shower/bbq. She also made this ADORABLE diaper cake. It turned out super-cute! Baby A was also given a few diaper cakes from close friends, including Brandy and my friend Marcelle. You can do these cake quite easily and they are always a hit. Here is directions from domestic8d
What you need:
- small, medium and large elastics
- double sided tape or glue dots
- small decorations
What you do:
- I started first by making the bottom layer of the cake. Using a small elastic, I rolled the diaper from the open end to the closed end and fastened with the elastic. This will be the center for this layer.
- Next, I placed a medium elastic around the diaper and rolled up additional diapers and stuffed them inside the medium elastic to form a row. For the bottom layer, I used three layers of diapers, securing the final layer with a large elastic.
- To make the top two layers, follow steps 1-2, only changing the number of rows (2nd layer will have two rows and the top layer will have one row).
- Center the layers, one on top of the other.
- Cut ribbon to length, for each layer and use double sided tape or glue dots to secure and hide the elastics.
- Lastly, add some pretty decorations