Tuesday, September 30, 2014

A Vehicle for Our Journey

I used to joke around that I was NEVER going to be the soccer mom with the van full of kids. :-)  Life changes and I am PROUD to be the owner of a new-to-us van.  BUT, WAIT, don't go anywhere, I have an INCREDIBLE story to tell you.

As a pastor's family, we tend to have teens and children in our van that aren't always ours. We get calls every week for rides to church. We are happy to take anyone to church but don't always have the room for everyone. This became very evident about 5 months ago.  I was in my last trimester and I realized that with both car seats and Jer and I, we would only be able to fit one skinny little person in our car. This really puts a crunch on things. 

Shortly after this I remember talking to my grandma and asking her to pray for us. I prayed specifically for a free van. (WOW, that's bold!) Knowing that we didn't have the money in our budget, I felt this would be the best way. Then Hubby and I got talking and we decided to put his SUV on Craigslist and try to sell it.  Once we sold it, we would buy a van. This seemed like a great idea.

So, in my last couple weeks of pregnancy we put our vehicle up for sale. Jer placed in on the road with a sign and did all he could do to try to sell it. It didn't work and, once I had the baby, it all got put on the back burner. We still had the vehicle for sale but never got any bites.

I kept praying for my free van. :-)  My mom would tease me about it but I know she was praying as well.  Last week, we were at a friend's house and Jer got a text from a family from church; they had got a van and offered to give us theirs FOR FREE!  I don't even believe that they knew that we were looking. 

I had been on Jer's phone when the text came in. Yes, I said it, "FOR FREE!"  I read it, handed it to him and said "Yep, my God answers my prayers." It was soooooo powerful.  I mean sometimes, I feel like I'm his favorite. (ok, I know I'm not.) ...but He makes me feel that way. He REALLY cares and loves me. I'm so spoiled by Him. He answered our request to a "t". WOW, He is sooooooooooooooooo awesome. 

Thank you, Father! May we use this vehicle to bring others to church and to Christ. May it be used for His glory and honor. - REJOICING IN THE PRESENT

 To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.: - Psalms 30:12

No comments:

Post a Comment