When you add up the travel expenses of food, gas, lodging, souvenirs, flight etc., it can get super expensive. So what do we do? How can we make a visit to our family, or enjoy a vacation without emptying your pocket book.
Here are some ways to save:
- Travel in groups. Share trips. If you are heading to the same conference, or going back to college to visit the same town, ride together to save on gas.
- Stay with friends or family. Find family member or friend or a friend of a friend to stay with. This will save on lodging. (You should take a hospitality gift or offer to take them out to dinner as a thank you, but it will save you a lot of money)
- Flight savings: Book early, take a carry on to save on baggage fees
- Coupons: ALWAYS check for coupons on food, flight and fun.
- SAVE: Save a few dollars ever week for your trip.
- If you save $5 for 6 months, you will have $130.
- If you save $10 for 6 months, you will have $260.
- Use this money for gas, food or flight.