Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Teen Event: Sweets for the Sweet

I wanted to do an event for our teen ladies. I had several goals.  1. Since it was around Valentines Day, I wanted to talk to them about purity.  2.  I wanted the girls to have some fellowship time and to get to know each other. 3. I wanted them to do something, for someone else.  4. I wanted there to be chocolate.

So I planned this teen event, where the girls came together and made a bunch of goodies and then delivered them to some dear older folks in our church.

Their sign-up list: (What I had them bring)
  • 2 pans of brownies (already made)
  • 2 dozen cookies (pre-made)
  • Sugar Cookie Dough
  • Strawberries
  • Chocolate Dipping Sauce
  • Bag of Candy
What I had for them:
  • Scrapbooking paper, Stickers and Pens to make homemade cards
  • Cute Valentines Day paper plates
Location:
  • My House
  • Other Ideas: Church Kitchen OR another church family's house
The Itinerary:
  • Preparation: (cards, cookies, ice and dip strawberries) (6-7:30)
    • Make the cards
    • Make the sugar cookies
    • Cut up brownies
    • Clean and dip the strawberries in chocolate
    • Dip the brownies
    • Ice the sugar cookies and add sprinkles
    • Let it all sit for a bit so that we could place them on the plates
  • Purity Devotional (7:15-7:45)
  • Made up the plates (7:47-8)
  • Delivered them to the homes (My husband returned about this time and took half the girls and I took the other half)
The Result:
  • The girls enjoyed this
  • The church members LOVED the goodies
  • SUCCESS :)
If you have some thing to add...feel free to leave a comment - rejoicing in the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment