Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Kid-Friendly Decorating

Photo is loadingBabyA LOVES to get into EVERYTHING.  That can be a problem, especially if it's dangerous thing.  If you have ever been in the entryway of our house, you will remember that, to the left, is a knee-level white brick planter box filled to the top with rocks. I also placed candles inside to give it a little charm.

This last week, Baby A decided to get into them.  The box is just his height and the rocks were calling his name.  Teaching him to not touch it was not enough-- I had to redecorate.

I took out all the rocks and stored them for a future project.  Then I thought about what to place in the box instead.  Greenery was the first thing to come to my mind. It was safe for the baby and would give the room some cheer.

I tried a few stores and finally found what I need at...YES, you wouldn't believe it.... DOLLAR TREE.   I spent about $13 for the different greens and the filler but it turned out just nice. What do you think you would have done? Please leave suggestions below. - Rejoicing in the present.


No comments:

Post a Comment