Little girls LOVE to dress up and they love tea parties--so our church put on a little girls tea party.
The Theme: TEA FOR 2, TEA FOR U! (Tea for 2 was because they were allowed to invite their moms)
The Food: We had a lot of "yummies"! They included...
- A Variety of Sandwiches (peanut Butter and jelly, ham, cucumber, and chicken salad)
- Fresh Fruit
- Desserts: Valentine Cookies, Brownies and Sweet Bites)
- Tea (also had hot chocolate and hot apple cider for the girls that didn't like tea)
- When they first arrived, they each made a foam tea craft for their moms.
- While the girls were enjoying their tea and scones, I talked to them about the history of tea.
- They ate lunch.
- Then they were told a story about Tilly the Tea Pot and her experience with faith. It was a really sweet story told by our pastor's wife.
- We ended the day by painting little tea trays.
- The girl that brought the most visitors won her own tea set.
- Each girl was given a little treat bag that contained some jewelry, stickers, tea bags, candy and a few miscellaneous treats.