Monday, October 27, 2014

Taking the NOah approach

"Yeah, well, you just don't understand" 

"You don't have to work where I work."

"It's too difficult."

"Maybe, if I worked in a Christian environment, I could live right.”

“It’s never been as bad in the world as it is now.”

I’m sure we have all heard these statements, maybe even said them. I get it. It is hard sometimes to keep our heads above the murky waters. Sometimes I feel like I’m surrounded by horrible evilness and, well, I am really. This is the devil's world. He is the prince and I have to remember, I’m just passing through.

So, what should we do? Just blend in? Should we just survive this life? I mean LOOK AROUND. There is so much sin; could it be worse?

Great question! I want to point you back to a man in the Bible who lived in terrible times, but he said NO to the world and yes to God. His name was NOah. (How fitting.)  :)

We read about his world in Genesis 6:

Gen 6:1-6 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. There giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown. And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

We see a world with great wickedness. In fact it says that these men’s hearts were on thoughts of evil ONLY. Can you imagine such a wicked heart and wicked mind? I mean I’ve had dark times where I got away from the Lord but I can’t say that my mind was CONTINUALLY on evil. I had other thoughts as well. These men were so wicked that is ALL they thought about. 

It goes on in Gen. 6:11  The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.” 

It was a dark, violent, corrupt world and Noah was called by God to make a way of escape for those who wanted a way out of the wicked world. Noah was called by God to build an ark.

Noah didn’t just build this ark in his backyard and hide from everyone. He didn’t just survive this storm he called life. NO! He THRIVED. Yes, in 2 Peter 2:5 it tells us that he was a preacher. He didn’t just try to blend in, but he preached, he lived that life of righteousness.

You can do it too! Yes, this world is evil but you can thrive. Why, because we have Jesus. We have our heavenly Father who sees and takes care of our problems and our needs. He saw the wickedness that took place in NOah’s day. He sees the wickedness today and He will take care of it. In fact, friend, He will take care of you.

Say NO to the World and say YES to God. Let God keep your heart and mind captive. “Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.” – Phil 4:8

He will help you. He will guide you. He will help you not to just survive but to THRIVE. – Rejoicing in the Present.

A special thanks to Beth Moore’s Living Beyond Yourself who has brought these thoughts to light and to my heavenly Father who pricks my heart and guides me along the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment