Wednesday, October 22, 2014

If ONE Child...

I must admit I favor one of our ministries. I've always had a heart for children that were not raised in Christian homes. 

I love church kids.  I do. But their parents bring them to church. They teach them about Jesus and they hear a lot of about God because of that. These other children don't have hope unless we tell them and teach them about a God who loves them.

Our church has a program that goes and picks up children like these and brings them to church. We have struggled with everything, including low numbers, rowdiness, volunteers to help and so on. So, we've been praying and thinking on what to do. 

I was talking to one of our teachers recently and he made a statement that reminded me what we do and why we do it. He said "If ONE child gets to know Jesus, it's worth it. We can't stop, because there might be that one child and if we can save that one child from Hell, then it's worth it." 

Friends, this is OH SO TRUE. Heaven is a real place and, sadly, so is Hell. We need to live like they are both real. We have to do all we can to help pull as many out of the fire as can.  "And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire" - Jude 23 

When we get die, someday the ONLY thing that we will take to heaven is our soul and the souls of others. Why do you do what you do? 


If my child...

If your child... 

If ONE child... 

...would you?

"And of some have compassion, making a difference: "- Jude 22
-Rejoicing in the Present


No comments:

Post a Comment