Thursday, August 28, 2014

Recipe - Energy Balls

When I went to visit my friend Christine in Jacksonville, she introduced me to these most delicious and somewhat-healthy energy balls. I must warn you. They are addictive. When she pulled them out, I was a little turned off. They looked like uncooked meatballs, but, as her friend, I didn't want to hurt her feelings, so I tried them. I'm glad I did because they are SUPER YUMMY!

What's in them?

  1. 1 c - Oatmeal
  2. 1/2 c - Peanut Butter
  3. 1/3 c - of honey
  4. 1 c - Coconut Flakes
  5. 1/2 c - Ground Flaxseed
  6. 1/2 c - Mini Chocolate Chips
  7. 1 t -Vanilla


What do you do?

  1. Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl
  2. Let the mixture chill for about 30 minutes to an hour
  3. Then take the mixture out of the fridge and make little balls with about a spoonful of ingredients
  4. Place them into a plastic container and put them back into the fridge for later consumption
I will eat these as snacks throughout the day. If I just need a little something, I go into my fridge, grab one and eat it. All the ingredients are pretty healthy, except maybe the chocolate.  You can always substitute with 80% dark chocolate and then it will make your recipe even healthier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment