- When a cake turns out dry or the layers fail to come out of the pans evenly, make parfaits or a trifle. Crumble the cake into glasses or a dish and layer with whipped cream and fruit.
- If your cookie dough is to dry, stir in a tablespoon or two of milk
- If cookies harden and stick to the cookie sheet, return them to the oven for 1 minute
- When the chocolate you are melting seizes (clumps), stir in a tablespoon of vegetable oil or shortening to smooth things out.
- You can make cookies using a cake mix. Just add 1/2 cup of oil and 2 eggs.