Wednesday, August 6, 2014

WLW: Unseen Hands

I love this post by Courtney from Woman Living Well. I love the 2-part message of Christ working in our lives even when we don't see it and how He's sees the work in the lives of our family when no one else sees it. Inspiring! - Rejoicing in the Present

As I walked into my daughter’s bedroom, I picked up dirty laundry from the floor.  I carried it to the bathroom chute and dropped it in, then hung some towels and wiped up a toothpaste mess.  I proceeded into my son’s room for some straightening and then to my own.  Downstairs, I emptied 2 trashcans and a laundry basket and a suitcase from my husband’s business trip that week.
Thousands of times, I’ve picked up dirty laundry, straightened towels and emptied trash cans – virtually unseen.
Of course when I don’t do these things – everyone sees the overflowing trash can and laundry baskets and the overflow seems to whisper, “you are failing – you are not keeping up – the whole family can clearly see this.”  and I get discouraged.
And so today as I hung my husband’s pants and thought about how this has happened for 16 years virtually unseen — I am reminded of how often God is at work in my life virtually unseen.
He protects me while I sleep, provides food and friends and fun and a bounty of blessings daily both physically and spiritually too – but then something goes all wrong and I wonder – where’s God.
He’s unseen during the issue at hand.  And I get discouraged.
We are not unseen – God sees every little thing we do to bless and care for our families.
He knows.
And we must practice His presence and His pleasure.  We must know that He is there – and will never leave us or forsake us.  And we must never forget that though he is not showing up the way we would have Him show up, He is in our trials – working.
His hand is often unseen – until time passes and we look back.  It is with perspective that we see clearly His hand.
So mamas, as you serve your families today – you are seen. Jesus knows your hurts and your burdens that no one else sees.  He is there and he wants you to come to him.
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” ~ Matthew 11:28-30
Trade in your heavy burdens for his light load.
Trust in God’s unseen hand to carry you through your weary days.
Chime In: Are you in this place today? Feeling unseen or wondering where God is in the midst of a certain trial? Share your burden in the comment section and let’s pray for one another.  
Walk with the King,

Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment