Friday, August 8, 2014

Trials & Blessings

I think the theme for my life in 2014 is that trials will come and blessings will come and that the blessings that come from those trials make the trials look like blessings.

I shared about the accident yesterday and how that life is short. God does not owe us another minute. Yet, God is so gracious and loves us so much that He sent His Son to die so that we might have a relationship with Him.

I also shared this… The whole night was a NIGHTMARE. I started having a panic attack after we settled in bed and I prayed and prayed.”

That accident was probably one of the worst things I have seen in real life. It was traumatic to go through. It was a trial. I would NOT have picked to be there at that time. I wouldn’t like to ever experience it again but God knew we needed to go through it. I don’t need to know why. I don’t need blessings to make my trial good. I don’t need to see the rainbow after the storm BUT God choose to give me blessings. He choose to show how good He is to me. He choose to give me a rainbow after the storm.

So what are some of the blessings?

  1. My husband has been in contact with the young man who was the driver who survived. He has even told my husband he wants to come to church. We are praying for this man’s salvation and thanking God for allowing us an opportunity to share with Him.

  1. It gave us all a new perspective. It showed us how real death is. It gave us a stronger passion to share about God.


  1. This leads to my 3rd blessing:  My husband shared in our teen group about the accident and then followed up with a lesson about what happens when you die. After that lesson, a girl who the church has been trying to reach, realized her need for Jesus and trusted Him with her life. This is my favorite blessing. We lost a man and, because of that, a young girl was saved. I would NEVER have wanted him to die but I’m thankful to God for her new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment