Thursday, April 4, 2013

Garage Sale Treasure

I was at a garage sale, a few months back and found this picture room-divider for $2. There was glass missing. It was scraped up and nicked, but I found a treasure.  I love pictures and so it was heaven-sent.  So this last week, I finally got around to fixing it up.

Here is what I used...
  1. Picture Holder
  2. Spray-paint
  3. Sandpaper
  4. Brush
  5. Dollar Tree picture frames
Here is what I did...
  1. First I took out all the glass and backing
  2. Then I sanded the frame down, so that the paint would adhere better
  3. Next I wiped it down to get all the dust (from the sanding) off
  4. Then I spray-painted it and used the brush to even the paint out.
  5. I let it dry and then sand-papered the frame to give it more of a rustic look (optional)
  6. I finished by adding the glass, picture and backing,
It turned out really nice! - rejoicing in the present



No comments:

Post a Comment