Thursday, April 11, 2013

1 Man's Trash = 1 Lady's Treasure

Having a place for everything can be difficult.  I, personally, do not like to have to dig in box after or box for things.  For me, everything needs a specific place. Between the two of us, my husband and I had a variety of tools.  Especially after we moved into our own house, we purchased a lot of little things to help us fix up our house. We had light switches, nails, screws, paintbrushes, WD40 and much more. They were everywhere.
About that time a friend moved out of town and tried to get rid of this dresser. There was a lot of scratches on it and so she was not able to sell it at their yard sale.  They donated it to us. I  was going to up-cycle it, meaning I was going to sand it down and repaint it; BUT THEN I had a revelation.  I decided to use it to organize my tools. It has been a big blessing.  I keep it in our garage and I have a drawer for extension cords, paint tools, extras...and more.  Think outside the box. I may refinish the dresser someday but now it's a great tool chest. - rejoicing in the present





No comments:

Post a Comment