To-Do's are a GREAT way to stay organized! In fact this is the ONLY way I am able to function during any special events or even on a daily basis. If you are a Stay-At-Home Mom or you work outside the home, you are normally just keeping your head above water. So I would suggest to keep a pad on the frig, one next to the door and also a printable monthly calender on your frig.On your calendar, write ANY and ALL events that are coming up that month. Include all times that are outside your house OR if you are having someone from outside your house come in. That way your family can track what is going on and you can track your family. Also this prevents over-booking. At your door, make a list of anything you need to do when you are out (Example: pick up the __________, go to ________, find a _____) This way you can easily skim the list and remember to do important things when you are out. On the Frig. write all the items you need to pick up (example: milk, bread, paper, glass cleaner and so...) So whenever you have something to buy, something to find or an event to attend, you will be able to write it down and keep track. DON'T forget to review the lists daily.
God leaves us a really neat to-do list through one of his writers, Paul. In 1 Thessalonians 5, he gives a good to-do list that I think we could all use:
1 Thessalonians 5:12-23
1. Hold up and encourage the people who work in the ministry.
12 And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you;13 And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake.
2. Get along with other people
And be at peace among yourselves.
3. Give warning to those who are disobedient or will not listen to authority
14 Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly,
4. Comfort and help those who are down spiritually, physically or mentally
comfort the feebleminded, support the weak,
5. Have Patience
be patient toward all men.
6. Do not return evil for evil (turn the other cheek) - Luke 6:29
15 See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.
7. Have joy in EVERY situation (the literal meaning is "every when")
16 Rejoice evermore.
8. Keep the door of communication with God open at all times. Always be in a spirit of prayer.
17 Pray without ceasing.
9. Give thanks in EVERY situation
18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
10. Don't shut out the Spirit by clouding your life up with sin (Keep your life fresh and clean and the door open to the Spirit)
19 Quench not the Spirit.
11. Don't look down on the prophesying
20 Despise not prophesyings.
12. Test and discern every situation--don't just believe whatever you are told. Test it against the Bible and then hold on to it. Remember what is good and right and don't let go of it.
21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
13. Don't even look like you are sinning.
22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.