Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Guest Post: Healing the Heaviness


Hello, Rejoicing in the Present readers!! I'm really excited to be able to share with you today!

Joy and I know each other from college and I am very grateful to her to be able to be on the blog today!

My name is Danielle and I blog over at
Healing the Heaviness. My blog is mainly about my weight loss journey and my family's journey to living a more simple lifestyle. :)

I just have a super quick, Vegan recipe to share with all of you today! No, I am NOT a Vegan, but I do enjoy a "meatless meal" every once in awhile!

This is a super easy, yummy lunch that you and your kids will enjoy!




Veggie Hummus Pita

What you need:

1 large carrot, cut into 1/2" matchsticks
1 leaf Romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
1-2 T. Hummus (I use the Aldi brand, Roasted Red Pepper)
1/4 (or less) thinly sliced red onion
1 100 calorie Pita Pocket (I use Brownberry brand)

Directions:

All you do is open the pita pocket, spread hummus evenly over both sides. Then fill the hummus with desired veggies and lettuce.
Then, VOILA! You have a super quick and delicious lunch!

I hope you'll stop by my blog sometime and check out other healthy recipes, MYO products, and read about my weight loss journey!

Hope you all have a blessed day! :)

_______________________________________________________

Thank you Danielle for sharing your heart with us today. I can't wait to try out your receipe.

Hey guys...check out her blog, Healing the Heaviness. You will enjoy it and get lots of great ideas for some yummy healthy food. If you would like to see a certain recipe or a type of food  "redone" to be more healthy, leave a comment below. 

Enjoy! - rejoicing in the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment