Thursday, September 27, 2012

DIY Jeans-Skirt

  Since the baby was born, I have lost a lot of weight. In fact, I am skinner then before I got married. This is an exciting time, yet frustrating, because my clothes are just not fitting. With that, I have been having a hard time finding a cute jean skirt that fits.  So I decided to make one. I've done this before so it wasn't hard for me to do. I'm going to give you the quick version, the "cliff notes", on how to make a jean skirt out of old jeans. Don't forget to trim the strings and tailor it to yourself.
What you need...
1. Old Jeans
2. Scissors
3. Seam ripper
4. Thread
5. Pins
6. Sewing Machine
What to do... 
1. First, you need to split the center seams of the jeans open. Rip open the 2 seams that are facing each other
2. Next you want to take seams on the front and pin them together. Pretty sides "kissing" each other. Use the sewing machine to sew the seams together.
3. Turn the jeans right side out to make sure that it was sewn correctly. Check for openings (areas that were not sewn closed)
4. For the back, cut of some of the bottom material and place it inside the gape. Pin the edges under and sew it down. Make sure you don't sew the front and back together. :-) Check again for any holes or gaps.
5. Cut the bottom off as evenly as you can and hem the skirt
6. Cut the extra strings off, wash, iron and wear.
If you know your way around a sewing machine, it's fairly simple. Hope this can be a help to you. - rejoicing in the present.










No comments:

Post a Comment