Tuesday, June 18, 2013

MYO Baby Food

Baby food is expensive, and if you're like me, you wonder what they actually put in it.  So, I make my own.  After months of making it, I came upon this website designedtonourish.com.  I wish I had found this earlier--I am going to bookmark it for the future!  I am sharing, below, my 2 favorite recipes from the site.

Favorite Fruit Recipe

  • 1/4 honeydew melon, chopped
  • 1 banana
Combine 1/4 of a honeydew melon chopped and one ripe banana peeled and sliced. Mix with immersion blender to the appropriate consistency for your baby.

Recipe Yields: 4 Servings
Storage Time: 3 months in the freezer

This recipe offers Vitamin C and Potassium which are necessary nutrients for your child’s growth.

Favorite Veggie Recipe

Avocado is a great first food for baby because it contains essential fats and trace nutrients, vitamins A, C, Niacin, and Folic Acid that your baby needs to grow. Also, Avocados are easy for baby to digest.

Peel and take out the pit of a ripe avocado – do not cook. Cut “meat” in small pieces. Blend until smooth with immersion blender. Add breastmilk, formula or water to thin the puree to the desired consistency.

As your child grows into stages three and four, mash the avocado to chunkier consistency, or simply dice avocado into pieces, sized for little fingers to pick up easily. You can also introduce new flavors by spicing up the avocado mash with a little garlic (minced or powder) or even cumin. Just like new foods, introduce spices to your baby one at a time.

There are so many different recipes.  Check them out, make a few and let us know what your favorite was. - rejoicing in the present

No comments:

Post a Comment