Saturday, February 9, 2013

Will you Marry Me?

It's February! Time for some sweet love stories...or how about engagement stories. :-)  I love to hear them, so I asked a few friends to share.  If your boyfriend needs ideas, here is the place to get some. :)


CH: I'll make this one short! Tyler made a bear at Build-A-Bear, and in it, put a voice recording of him saying in Hungarian, "I love you! Will you marry me?" (My sister had to coach him for a while with the foreign language, haha.) We went walking and just happened to find this bear on a bench... Anyway, after I pressed its paw and heard the message, I turned to Tyler, he was on one knee and then proposed in English. And we lived happily ever after.

JB: My hubby bought me an engraved jewelry box for Christmas, and wrapped it up. The ring was inside. It was sweet.
AR: My hubby took me to Cades Cove (we went to the Smokies almost every single week and went hiking together - we loved hiking) and so it wasn't unusual for me. He wrote me love letters and poems almost every week too.  We were out by a beautiful little creek and he told me that he had written me a poem and wanted to read it to me (also not unusual). It was a beautiful poem but at the end, the last line was "Will you marry me" and by the time he had gotten there, he was on one knee and had the ring out. I was SO surprised!! Wonderfully romantic!

JT:  My hubby showed up to the WILDS (where we originally met) a day early and broadcasted over the sound system that he needed to meet his girlfriend in the ball field (where our teams competed over 3 years before). When I heard, I ran down the stairs (I was at the top ) and gave him a big hug. He gave me Gerbera daisies (my favorite flower) and read me a poem he wrote. In the last line he asked me to marry him. He got down on his knee and asked me to marry him. (All the time I thought he was just trying to tell me "I love you" for the 1st time) All in front of about 200 people.


LS: My now-husband and I did not date. We discussed "having a relationship" but knew that, with him moving 500 miles away for school, there was a good chance that one or both of us would find a mate elsewhere. He moved in August, and I flew up to see him in October. When he went/came home for Christmas break, he asked me to go see Christmas lights with him. We arrived downtown to see the city lights only to be disappointed that the lights were turned off.   but we walked around downtown and ended up by the fountain, ordinarily beautiful, but it was also turned off. Teeth chattering from the cold, we sat down on a cold bench. He got down on one knee and said very beautiful things to me before asking me to marry him. As we were walking back to the car, he pulled a walkie talkie out of his pocket, "Jeeves, will you pull the car around?" Then one of our friends drove up in a minivan-turned-limo, complete with sparkling apple cider. He drove us to our church; I was confused but played along. Inside there was a card and dozen roses in the foyer. I walked into a sanctuary completely covered in white Christmas lights. There was a table set for two on the stage, and another friend playing soft music on the piano.  "Jeeves" also served as our waitstaff, and my husband's entire family had cooked dinner for us (both his parents are former chefs). We ate, and we danced, and we talked. And to this day, I love my husband for not being afraid to show his creative, romantic side.


LJ:  Hubby and I had been dating for about 2 1/2 years. The summer of 2004 he was traveling with the Pioneer teams Crown had started that year so we had been apart for 3 months. The day after he came home we went on a much awaited date to my favorite restaurant. I was actually expecting it the next week so my guard was down. After our lovely dinner we went back to his house and took a nice walk. When we got back there was a dozen roses awaiting me in the back of the car. 11 red and 1 purple which my ring was ties to. He proposed right beside his car which is also the same spot he asked me to start dating. His parents were also videotaping and getting pictures.
KK:  In the past we had gone with some friends on a family vacation to Lake Manistee.(We girls all stayed in one room and the boys stayed in another room.) So Lake Manistee was already a special location for us, and so after we had been dating a few months, My aunt and uncle were in town and they and my parents were going to go to Manistee for a couple days. This was before and during my birthday. They "talked" and Andrew into coming too. When I mentioned at work that I needed to get the time off, my coworker said "Oh, yeah, your dad already called Wayne (my boss) and cleared it with him". I thought that was really weird because my dad had told me to go ask then about getting it off, and I really hadn't wanted to have to ask last minute, so I thought "I wish he just woulda told me he would ask so I didn't have to..." So I called my dad and asked what was up with that. My dad is a horrible liar, and instead of saying something like "I thought I was the one asking for you, sorry for the confusion". He just said he didn't know what she was talking about. So I knew what was going on from that point. We all went up and my parents and I stayed together in one room and Andrew in his own and of course my aunt and uncle had their own room. The next morning was my birthday. I wanted to make things as easy as possible for Andrew at that point so I told him that all I really wanted for my birthday DAY was to spend a little bit of time alone.  We drove and drove and drove until he finally discovered the spot he was looking for (the beach our friends had taken us to before.) And we walked out into the beach and down to where there was a lighthouse. We then sat on the base of the lighthouse and he said all sorts of sweet things (am I the only one who can't remember a word of what he actually said though,,, :)) and he kept getting to a good place to ask and then he'd keep talking. A few times he did that and I was beginning to wonder what was up and finally he brought out the ring! It was a priceless moment just for us. Since then, we have been able to come back to the same spot a couple hours later and have my aunt take pictures of us there. I wish I coulda been legitimately surprised, but in the end it's my story and I love it!

I hope you enjoyed this stories. :-) - rejoicing in the present.


No comments:

Post a Comment