Monday, October 29, 2012

Ye Shall Be Witnesses

This is the end of our missions month at our church and our children were encourage to memorize the following verse. This morning during church two of our boys quoted this verse loud and clear. It was so sweet.

Acts 1:8"...you shall be witnesses unto Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth."

Jesus was telling them to reach their neighborhood, then their town, then their neighboring town, and then the world. So many times during a conference we feel led to go to a foreign field. This is NOT bad; in fact many are called to go during these conferences. However, we need to ask ourselves, have we tried to reach our neighbors? the ones who live next door? the ones who sit in the cubicle over? the ones who play with our kids in the park?

I am all about foreign missions and I know when I watch clips and videos I get the urge to jump on a plane and go help them all. However, I must remind myself that missions is everywhere and before I look across the ocean I must first look across the street to my Jerusalem.  Once I've shared there, then I must share with Judea and Samaria and finally with the uttermost part of the earth.

- rejoicing in the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment