Monday, October 1, 2012

We Are On The Same Team

Here's a thought for you married ladies.


Recently my husband and I were discussing a situation and he stopped me and said these 5 words "Hey, we're on the same team." This is something of which we as wives need to remind ourselves. There are a lot of things that can come between marriage partners: friends, finances, children, activities, illnesses and much more. The devil will use whatever he can to ruin it all but remember: " a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh" - Gen 2:24, YOU ARE ONE.

My husband LOVES the Colts and when we were dating I made the picture above. (I am wearing his Colts hat even though I am a 100% Redskins fan.) At the bottom, in very small letters it says "relationships are like football; you have to work together to make it work." As well, you have to work together to win the game. So many times when an issue comes up, we fight each other instead of fighting the problems.

So the next time you have a marital conflict, stop, look at each other and say "We are on the same team"; then turn and fight the problem together, instead of fighting each other.

As a side note, I have to brag on my favorite team player. He brought me home this rose and some dark chocolate... just because.  Thanks babe!

- rejoicing in the present.

1 comment:

  1. Joy -
    I love this post! Truer words were never spoken when it comes to marriage. I think the Lord prepared both your heart and Jeremy's well for marriage to each other. Love and miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete