Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pocono Vaca 2013 - Sight and Sound Theatre



About 6 years, I was given the wonderful opportunity of seeing "The Miracle of Christmas" at Sight and Sound Theatre near Lancaster, PA.  It was a story of the birth of Jesus.  It was done so well and it brought tears to my eyes as I watched the play.  It brought the Christmas Story alive.

The neat part of the theatre is that it's very 3D.  The stage literally goes around you, so it's in the front and on both sides (left and right). Also, they bring live animals on stage and actors walk up and down the aisle making you feel that you are part of the story.

It was such neat experience that I had to take my husband back!  We talked about going on our honeymoon, but when that didn't work out, we just put it in the back of our minds.

When we decided to go the PA this fall, we put it on our schedule to go to Sight and Sound.  We saw Noah and it was really awesome! Check out their website for more info.

One complaint:  They don't have a nursery but they do have a family room, to where parents can take their children if they are loud.  Baby A is about 16 months old and started making noise within the first 2 minutes.  So, sadly I had to take him to the Family Room.  I was very disappointed as I paid $50 for my ticket and sat in a little play room and watched the show on a TV screen.  I think with as many workers as they have they should have some type of nursery that you can pay $25 or more to put your child in. Otherwise, you may want to take a sitter if you have a baby.

So that said, it's a great show for children 5 and up or children that can sit through a 2-hour play. - Rejoicing in the Present


 

No comments:

Post a Comment