Monday, July 15, 2013

What Does Your Book Say?

II Corinthians 3:2 "Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men"

I was recently doing a Bible study and I came across this Bible verse. I have always known that we are to be witnesses and I have been taught that our lives are to be a testimony to others. However, when I read this verse, it hit me like a ton of bricks.

 "YE ARE...Epistle...known and read of all men" We are a book that people see, skim through, study and read every day. We may be bright and beautiful on the outside, but when we're "read" we are trashy and shallow. Or maybe we look plain but when we are picked up and read, we are hard to put down because our life is so intriguing. Then maybe we are different, maybe we are unique and peaceful. Maybe, we are comforting. Maybe we are something that others want and need. What is being read of you?

 I had to ask myself this question, "if my actions and lifestyle were the only thing that an unsaved person saw of Christ, would that be enough to lead them to Jesus?" The world may NEVER pick up the Bible, BUT they may read you, what are you saying today?- Rejoicing in the present.



No comments:

Post a Comment