Monday, January 5, 2015

Let Every Breath

When you're seeing your child struggling to breathe, the air that you breath becomes more precious. You think about it more and you appreciate it way more than before. 

As I was singing along with our service, in the hospital, the words to "Shout to the Lord" rang a bell with me...

My comfort, my shelter,
Tower of refuge and strength;
Let every breath, all that I am,
Never cease to worship You.


Every breath. That can be a lot especially if you're hyperventilating. On the other hand, that can be very few if you are struggling to breath.

Whether its normal, whether it's a lot, whether it's few, EVERY breath that we breathe needs to worship Jesus. Breath is life. You can't separate breath and the body. If you do, it means suffering, illness and, all to soon, death.

If we want to have a godly life, you can't separate Jesus and you. Every breath, every part of your being, it needs to be praising and worshiping your Savior. Every thought, every deed, every breath, ALL that I am.


My Jesus, My Savior,

Lord, there is none like You;
All of my days
I want to praise
The wonders of Your mighty love.

My comfort, my shelter,
Tower of refuge and strength;
Let every breath, all that I am
Never cease to worship You.

Your entire being, every breath, let it be fully connected to Jesus. He simply is the Way the Truth and the LIFE. - Rejoice

No comments:

Post a Comment