But the truth is, they are lonely.
I want to encourage you to look at your church family and people that are hurting; I want to give you some suggestions. Go to them, or text them or call them and tell them how much you care and are worried and want to help them.
Here is a GREAT phrase "I want to help you, tell me something I can do to help you!"
Here are some ideas of things you can do and give...For those who are more private...
- Send a PERSONAL handwritten note
- Let them know you are praying for them, but also send a verse or note sending your love and care
- Send a gift
- Baby - Teddy, blanket,
- Child - book, toy, balloons, mess-free stuff to do in bed
- Adult - flowers, books, products that could make them more comfortable (chapstick, lotion, ...) - ask for favorites
Other suggestions: TAKE:
- This is such a help to SOOOO many families. Even if it's a child in the hospital. Providing food is a great way to relieve stress from the family.
- Ask for allergies and dislikes; you can also ask for favorites.
- Make it easy to get the food you provide. Find a central location where they can pick it up or you can drop it off. Make it EASY for them to get the food at their convenience.
- If it is too hard to link up with them, collect gift cards to restaurants so they can just pick something up.
- Clothes and Home Items
- Offer to pick up items to take to them that they would need from their house, like clothing, body products and so on
- Those who are traveling far from home
- Gift cards for gas
- $$$ to help with tolls (if you live in a big city).
- In general
- $$ to pay for medical expenses
- Food gift cards
- Once again you will need to call ahead and make sure that they don't need to rest, but visits are always special. If it is a distance, make it a trip. Go for dinner out after your visit or go shopping at nearby stores so it becomes fun instead of a hassle.
- Take some balloons or a large handmade/decorated poster and brighten up the room with some cheer.
- Bring some laughter to the room, don't dwell on the problem, bring happiness, Scripture and love when you come.
There is always something you can do. ...and of course, PRAY! Please seriously pray for the family. Do not just say you will. Do it! I hope this helps you help others. - Rejoicing in the Present