Wednesday, December 3, 2014

MYO Formal Invitations


























My husband's parents are celebrating their 30 year anniversary and, in conjunction with that, are going to renew their vows. My MIL asked me to do the invitations.  So I designed them myself and even printed them out on our home computer using matte photo card stock paper. When I was done, I had the top 2-hole-punched and tied a ribbon. You can't even tell that they are homemade. 

HOW DID YOU DO THAT?

  1. I made them on Microsoft Word, by inserting the pictures adding text boxes, changing up the font and so on. 
  2. When I felt like they were done, I took a screen shot, by pressing "Fn" and "PrntScr" at the same time. (If there is no "Fn" key on your computer just use "PrntScr")  The picture was saved in my Dropbox (yours may save to your Pictures)
  3. Then I went into my Dropbox and saved the picture again as a JPG.
  4. After I did this, I was able to crop the picture and print it out as a 5x7.
It really is quite simple to do. The most time will be spent designing the picture. This is so much CHEAPER then buying invitations. If you don't have a printer you can always go to a Staples store or a photo center and have them printed out. You just need to make sure that you print them on MATTE card stock paper - Rejoicing in the Present









No comments:

Post a Comment