Tuesday, December 30, 2014

It's A Wonderful Life

This holiday has been WAY different. We have had lots of parties, performances and parades but I have been a part of very few of them. It's been much different than usual. Yes, there has been stress (a different kind) but time has slowed down, I've been tied to the house, but it's been a blessing in disguise.

The other night it was just perfect, cold enough for a blanket but not too cold that we were freezing. We gathered around our fire pit and roasted marshmellows.  It was a memory I will treasure. Then after we put the kids to bed, Jer and I watched "It's a Wonderful Life.

I can't say it's a favorite. I've personally seen it too many times, but hubby had not and he got it thinking it would be a nice surprise. So, I got my crocheting, curled up and watched the movie.

This time, the message REALLY jumped out at me. A message about his life, a message about my life. A message that asked me, "If I had never lived, would it have made a difference." In the movie, George Bailey (James Stewart) is a man with a dream, but it seems to crash and burn, not once but many times. He always seems to give up his desires for the interest of others. 

His dream has been lost so many times, and he works hard all for little, or so it seems. Then he gets in a real dilemma and seriously contemplates ending his life. Through a series of events he is given the opportunity to see what the world would be like if he had never lived. It's pretty powerful.

We see his brother's death, his mother's despair.  We see the town in the clutches of Mr. Potter. Men with no hope, just bars and women to get their mind off the hopelessness of their lives. In the end, we see that he didn't get to fulfill HIS dream. Yes, it was hard, many times, but the life and the journey that he took led to a wonderful life for him and all those around him. 

So, now I would ask you to look at your life, while I look at mine. 

If you were never born, would it make a difference?

Why are you on this earth? 

Is your life leading others to Jesus? 

Like George saving his brother's life, are you reaching out to other drowning souls and giving them a life line?

Are you fighting for the souls around you?

Do you care about our next generation?

Who do you live for?

I don't know where you are, I don't know your dreams, I also don't know if your dreams have been crushed. What I do know is that there is a sovereign God who has a plan for your life. He always has a better dream for us. 

He wants to make a wonderful life for all those around you. He wants to give them all Jesus and you may be that very person to do that. Possibly if you were never born, they would never have the opportunity to know about Jesus. 

We only have so many years, so many moments, so many open doors.  I might feel crushed today, but just need to have my  spirit open to the Holy Spirit's guiding. Your love, your life may make the difference in someone else's life. - Rejoicing in the Present


No comments:

Post a Comment