Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Life Lessons - Regrets

I wrote this a while ago. A life lesson... I learned the hard way

It's been a week, actually it's been 2 weeks, of "crazy".  I'm having a hard time processing it. I think I would have had a hard time processing it any day, though. She wasn't supposed to pass away today.  I thought I had more time.

Sweet "T" was just getting to be about the age that I felt I could take her visiting. We've been keeping her healthy and so we haven't been taking her visiting to hospitals and nursing homes and so on. Just recently though, she had her orthopedic appointment, we now knew her surgery date and I felt like I could go visit my friend.

It's too late. She passed away this morning. I know she was a believer and I know she is in Heaven. In fact, she's never felt better EVER. She's enjoying herself and her Savior.  She is good, ...NO, she is doing GREAT!

But I'm still here. I never got to say goodbye. I have huge regrets!  I wish I could have talked to her and kissed her forehead and let her know how much I loved her.

She was always a little bit gruff, but she loved me. In fact, she was a grandma to my whole family. She loved my son and the one that was coming. She would light up when we came and visited. She always remembered my birthday and Christmas. She was extended family. I loved her bunches!

I will see her again, PRAISE THE LORD but I still have regrets. This has been a hard life lesson for me. Make time! Go love on people TODAY - Rejoicing in the Present

No comments:

Post a Comment