Friday, July 25, 2014

Only I

During bed rest, I "attended" Courtney's Woman Living Well Conference on YouTube. I t was so inspirational and encouraging to me. Especially, being stuck in bed, it was GREAT to have the extra time to cuddle with "T" and watch all 7 of the sessions. In fact, if you have a laptop, I would encourage you to take it to the kitchen while your cooking or with you while you are cleaning and watch them. They really were just super-encouraging to me!

One of the sessions talked about what only I could do.  As an over-achiever (or should I just say I have Waldschmidt-Blood) :-) ...I tend to want to do everything and be apart of everything. Why? ...Cause, it's fun and because, if someone else isn't doing it, I guess I will. What I am learning is that my main ministry is my husband and children and they must be first. Yes, there needs to be a balance of reaching out to others but I must first do the ministries that only I can do.  If you don't teach that Bible study someone else can step up and do it.  When I stepped down as a office worker for our church, two other ladies stepped up.  Sometimes, it takes you walking away, to encourage someone else to step up to the plate.

*Side note, if you are not doing ANYTHING, well, then please ignore this post, because EVERY saved believer is part of the body and has a part in the ministry of God. So please go pray about what it is and begin today!

But, for those who do too much, back up. What is it that only YOU can do?  For me, only I can feed my family home-cooked meals at night, only I can give my babies the love, prayer and encouragement a mother can give.  Only, I can wake up in the middle of the night to soothe the tears. ONLY I can give wifely affection and love to my husband. Only I can cheer on my boy as he takes different steps in life. ...and if I don't, then, who will?  This is my job and when this is done, I can do the other stuff. 

What about you? What do you need to take out of your life? What can ONLY YOU do? - Rejoicing in the Present

No comments:

Post a Comment