Monday, June 16, 2014

Dear Christ-Followers

My heart is so frustrated and horribly saddened by our attacks on each other.  Why can we not work together? We are supposed to be Christ-followers.  Our purpose is to shine HIS light.  We are to be in love with Him.  Our whole life is to revolve around HIM.  We are to be pointing others to HIM.  SO WHY, OH WHY, are we attacking each other?  The Bible says in Matthew 18:15   "Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church:..." 

Instead of confronting the issue, we leave churches, blow things up on social media and condemn our brothers and sisters in Christ.  I am sick of posts that I read that say things like..."I am so thankful for what I have been set free from..." "I was in bondage to the system but now I see the light..." These comments do not help the cause of Christ. 

First and foremost, did you try to resolve the issue with your brother or with your church before you left them?  How did they respond?  Did you take a few more along if they didn't listen?  Are these not the same people that loved you, maybe even led you to Christ, disciplined you?  Yes, I agree, sometimes you grow and realize that what you were taught was not Bible, but man's perspective. Sometimes, it is best to move on to another church, but why ,in the meantime, if they really do love the Lord and are trying to bring souls to him, are you condemning them? Why not spend your time praising God for little lessons He has shown you? Why don't you show social media who Christ is to you? Why don't you be an example of Christ and shine His light?

There are and can be serious problems in the church, sexually, financially and so on. These issues must be taken care of.  I do see that, but when it's more of a matter of a personal conviction or the fact that you don't like something or what someone said, Pray for them. Go to them and discuss the issues and then MOVE ON. I t really only makes you look like a bitter, vindictive soul.  I can only imagine the impact we could have if we came together, forgot about each other's annoying opinions and loved God and loved others. 

Look, "well-meaning" people will come to you and discuss where they think you should be different.  Just point them to the Christ you serve.  Show them His love and leave it at that. 

To close, I will admit that my views on different convictions have changed over the years. They are not completely the same as the church I grew up in or the Bible college I attended but I am so very grateful to God for the influence that both of these institutes had.  I know that they both have a heart for God and that they are doing what they feel is best for their ministry and family. In fact, if I lived in that area I could go back and minister and worship in both, for years to come and still get along with everyone there. T hat's why it's called a PERSONAL conviction.  o instead of attacking each other, let's help each other grow to follow Christ and shine our light on HIM instead of on our wounds and disagreements. - Rejoicing in the Present

No comments:

Post a Comment