Monday, June 9, 2014

Blessings In All


It had been hot for days and then the storm came. It poured down like a fire hose and I WAS IN HEAVEN. I opened the back door, turned on some Christian music, got some warm tea and then sat down and played with my little boy and his choo-choo train. It's amazing how we can enjoy all types of days and all types of seasons if we embrace the good in them all. 

When it's Sunny outside, we get to enjoy the happiness of the sun beating down and bringing us warmth.  "A" gets to play on his swing set and play on his water table. 

When it's cold outside, we bundle up and drink warm drinks. Running around to keep warm. Cuddling with books by the heater and enjoying each other's presence. If you are up north, you get throw snowballs and make snowman. There are 1000 fun things to do in the snow. 

It's all about perspective. How do you see it?  My mom was super-sick when she was expecting me and there was a picture in the bathroom that had a Scripture verse on it.  It said Psalms 30:5b "Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning." She told me about that verse as a teen and I claimed it for my own.  There are many verses that are dear to me, but that is one of my favorite. 

The process of childbirth is HORRIBLE.  I know I've experienced it but the joy that it produces is unexplainable. It's not fun going through trials, but the trials of our faith produce a gem. The Bible says in James "Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing."

Trials are not easy. but we can find blessings in all things. It's about perspective. When the sun is out, embrace it's warmth. When the rain comes down, embrace it's sound. When the cold comes out, embrace your family, and through all of this, embrace God. - Rejoicing in the Present



No comments:

Post a Comment