Thursday, May 8, 2014

PAINT!

PAINT: the key to give most rooms or items a new lift.  I think sometimes that I use paint as my fall-back for everything...and in this case, we painted ALOT!

We painted the walls two different colors (Two were a light pink and two were a dark cherry pink). We painted all the base boards white. Then I painted an accent shelf green and the lamp white. It was amazing to see the transformation of the room after the many different paint jobs we did!  I would encourage you that if your room needs a quick face lift, try to some paint. 


Some thoughts

  1. When looking for a paint color, don't limit yourself to a certain brand.  Many times, stores, like Lowe's can match the color with a cheaper brand. 
  2. Look at the price yourself: don't just take the paint chip to them and ask them to get you your paint. I did this when I first started painting and the workers all seemed to give me the most expensive paint they sold.
  3. Try some different forms of painting. When painting Baby "A"'s bathroom, the first color was super bright and my husband really didn't like it. So I came back with a lighter color and sponged over it. It's now perfect for us!
  4. There are alot of fun things you can do to the wall-everything from stenciling to stripes to sponging.  Google or Pinterest some ideas and you will see how much fun you can have! 
  5. Don't forget to have drop cloths and don't forget to use painter's tape to give you a clean-cut look!
I hope this gives you some ideas :-) - Rejoicing in the Present



No comments:

Post a Comment