We painted the walls two different colors (Two were a light pink and two were a dark cherry pink). We painted all the base boards white. Then I painted an accent shelf green and the lamp white. It was amazing to see the transformation of the room after the many different paint jobs we did! I would encourage you that if your room needs a quick face lift, try to some paint.
- When looking for a paint color, don't limit yourself to a certain brand. Many times, stores, like Lowe's can match the color with a cheaper brand.
- Look at the price yourself: don't just take the paint chip to them and ask them to get you your paint. I did this when I first started painting and the workers all seemed to give me the most expensive paint they sold.
- Try some different forms of painting. When painting Baby "A"'s bathroom, the first color was super bright and my husband really didn't like it. So I came back with a lighter color and sponged over it. It's now perfect for us!
- There are alot of fun things you can do to the wall-everything from stenciling to stripes to sponging. Google or Pinterest some ideas and you will see how much fun you can have!
- Don't forget to have drop cloths and don't forget to use painter's tape to give you a clean-cut look!
I hope this gives you some ideas :-) - Rejoicing in the Present