Friday, May 16, 2014

Diaper Showers

After finding out about a sweet little bundle that was due to arrive, I was approached by a lady in our church who wanted to throw a shower for us.  I was not expecting it and so I had already started putting together "T"'s room on a dime. I knew I didn't have a budget so I used birthday money and some fun money to craft the room.  I was able to paint, design, recover and redo the room all within my non-budget. :-)

So when Lori talked to me about throwing me this shower/BBQ it was a wonderful bonus.  I knew that my BIGGEST expense would be diapers and wipes, so I told her about that need and she jumped on it.  She had a couples' Diaper BBQ for my husband and me. Her hubby grilled and everyone else was encouraged to bring a side dish and a pack of diapers. Our church has always been very giving and so it wasn't surprising to see the response. We were super-blessed and as you can see from the above picture. 

We have diapers for the first year and half! :-)  I am just totally pumped and thankful to God for blessing us in this way.  I wanted to share this with you because you may not have thought about all the disposables one needs with a baby. Diapers, wipes, body wash and other disposables can be quite expensive.  So if you are expecting, or know someone who is, think about having a diaper shower.  They are GREAT!  Now I just have to figure out where I'm going to store all this wonderful stuff. :-) - Rejoicing in the present

No comments:

Post a Comment