I was able to find easy directions on Pinterest from Katie. Here they are...What you need:
- Two fleece fabrics. I always do a pattern on top and a solid on bottom, This blanket is 2 yards long. I usually do 2 1/2 yards because I like mine huge - but they only had 2 yards left in the gray and that's what I wanted. Obviously you can make them bigger or smaller according to your needs.
What you do:
- Lay down the solid piece of fleece with the softest side facing the floor. On a side note, don't wash your fleece before you begin - I did that the first time I ever made one of these and it didn't turn out well Wash it when you're finished!
- Then lay down the printed fleece with the softest side up.
- ****DISCLAIMER - DON'T CUT DIRECTLY ON YOUR CARPET***
- Using your cutting board underneath, cut off the excess edges with your fabric rotary cutter. You know me, I just eyeball it. Just cut off as little as possible so you can maximize your fabric.
- Now cut off all four corners. I cut five squares x five squares on my board.
- Now you're ready to cut your strips. I don't measure every single strip (this would take an eternity) but they vary in width from about 1 - 1 1/2 squares width. I cut them about five squares deep to match the depth of the corner square I cut.
- As I'm cutting I flip every other strip up. This will make it easier to tie the strips later on and it helps me eyeball how straight my line is.
- Now you tie! I start at the corner strip and tie every other strip. I always tie two knots. Make sure you don't tie the first knot too tight - if you do the fabric will all bunch together and your blanket will end up small and round (this happened on my first blanket).
- Then just go back around and tie the rest of the stips!
- Viola! You're done - it probably took me about an hour at the most.