Friday, January 1, 2016

2016

Welcome, 2016!  I have a feeling you are going to throw me more then a few curve balls, especially if it's anything like 2015. 

I don't know about you but I DO love New Year's resolutions.  I guess I really like the idea of being able to start over with a clean slate, with a fresh start. 

For 2016, my goal is to be attentive.  So many times, I feel like I am rushing around like a chicken with its head chopped off.   I'm too busy to answer my kids' questions, my husband gets pushed aside for a load of laundry and that Bible study I've wanted to do keeps sitting on the shelf.  I would like to be more attentive first and foremost to God.  I'm not sure how this will look but I'm pretty sure it's going to mean less time on media. 

Next, I would like to concentrate more on my husband.  As I've been reminded by a dear sister in Christ, you don't know for how long you have him and that dumb old laundry can wait for a kiss and a hug. 

Lastly, I want to be more attentive to my kids.  To be more attentive, I need to make some cuts and I think that social media is going to be one of them. 

Let's be attentive to those whom God really wants us to minister today.  God first, family second. - Rejoicing in the Present




No comments:

Post a Comment