Wednesday, January 6, 2016

When you fall...

As some of you know, my blog is a journey and the last thing that I want from any of my readers is for them to think that I am some high and mighty Christian who does everything right. ...and of course if you know me in person, you know that this is FAR from the truth.   Hahaha.

Let me explain:  recently I wrote about my new year resolution.  I had really been thinking hard about what I wanted for 2016.  It wasn't hard for me to see my faults and realize the distractions of life that had come between God, my family and myself.  So I decided  that what I wanted was to be attentive.  To be present with my family and God.

I determined to do this and shared my journey with you. 

I woke up on January 1st and received about 10 phone calls which right away distracted me from my kids.  I got annoyed at my husband and the day quickly grew dark. 

I didn't just break my resolution, I blew it up into a thousand pieces

But January 2nd was another day and as the Bible reminds me, "For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief." - Proverbs 24:16

I was reminded "Every day is a new day." 

And you know what, I will mess up.  I will fall down, but THROUGH God's grace, every day is a new day.  Every moment is a new moment and I CAN, with God's grace, reach those God-given goals. 

Sweet Sister, IT IS HARD. 

The devil wants us to fail. 

Our flesh tends toward sin...

BUT GOD

... HIS GRACE IS HUGE. 

He WILL help us. 

If we ask HIM.

Remember there is a January 2nd.

There is also a January 3rd. 

GET BACK UP!!!!  - Rejoicing in the Present

No comments:

Post a Comment