Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Lulu's Tea Room, Powell, TN

I am so excited to introduce you to my all-time favorite restaurant, Lulu’s Tea Room, located in Powell, TN.

WAIT--before you click off my post and say that you’re not into “tea and scones,” let me tell you more.  Now, this restaurant can serve up some delicious scones; however, you must try the entrees and sides.  They are absolutely amazing!

The food is delicious and it’s all fresh!  I know this for a fact because, before we were married, my husband and I both worked there.  I worked in the kitchen and actually made many of the recipes, so I saw the way the food was handled and cooked.

The owner, Dena, is a friendly down-to-earth gal with a HUGE heart and lots of sparkle.  When Hubby and I got married, she threw us a wedding shower with the staff. She is just that type of person.

But let me tell you about the amazingly delicious food.  My favorite meal is the chicken salad with sweet bread, tomato dill soup and deviled eggs.  Hubby’s favorite is the chicken pecan quiche with tomato dill soup and fresh fruit.  My mom loves the spinach quiche and pretzel jello salad.  I could go on and on telling you about all the favorites in my family; by let me tell you this, Dena has a variety of sandwiches, soup, salad, quiche and sides--something for everyone!

In fact, you can come in just to enjoy one of her fabulous desserts.  I could write another complete post about her desserts; they are OUT OF THIS WORLD.

Just today, she offered blackberry, strawberry, coconut and red velvet cakes and a peanut butter pie.  She has so many different kinds of desserts.  You can even order a whole cake to take home with you.

Lulu’s is a busy operation.  She caters and takes reservations.  She hosts all sorts of baby showers, wedding showers, birthday parties and so on.  Dena has also frequently shared some of her recipes on a local TV program, "Alive at Five at Four" (on WBIR-TV).

If you are ever driving through Knoxville, TN, there is a beautiful Victorian style house in nearby Powell that houses this quaint tea room.  Its appearance is adorable and the food is the best! Give it try;  for reservations, call 865-947-5858 or just stop on in. - Rejoicing in the Present

No comments:

Post a Comment