Tuesday, August 4, 2015

bAHAmas moment #2

"Here am I Lord, send YOU.  Here am I Lord, send YOU..." 

This is my son's version of a portion of a Patch the Pirate song, which really goes "Here am I, Lord, send ME."

The first couple times that he sang it, I laughed loudly, but the more that he sang it, the more it didn't sit well in my stomach.  It hit me that this is the song on our hearts. 

"Lord, I'm here, I want to be used... but send someone else to do that hard work.   I'll give, I'll pray, but going... well that's just too hard, God."

"I want everyone to see what a great Christian that I am so I will announce that I'm a good Christian.  I will be in church.  I will give money, but "go"... well that "going" business is for someone else down the pew. 


Getting on the plane with two little children, one who has had too many medical problems recently, is frightening.  Listening to my children fret due to the heat is hard.  Watching my daughter learn to walk in a room full of metal chairs is a bit scary. 

...a different place, a different culture...

It was far from "easy" but it was so worth it.  To see the lives that were changed while we were there, to see God's protection on our little family, to know that we were where we were supposed to be was so reassuring. Easy, no, rewarding, YES!

Just this morning, our Pastor quoted C.T. Studd.  "Some wish to live within the sound of church or chapel bell.  I want to run a rescue shop within a yard of Hell."

What is the song of our hearts? - Rejoicing in the Present

No comments:

Post a Comment