The theme for LAST year was baseball, so all our skits, games, songs, food and fun was geared around baseball. We called it ALL-STAR FAITH; the Bible lessons were about different people in the Bible who had faith. Thus, the Scripture memory contest was based on, YEP, Hebrews 11.
I hope this gives you ideas for your very own VBS or FBS. You might also find ideas if you are having a baseball birthday party or maybe even a baseball team party. Feel free to use any ideas and share below how yours turned out!
The decorations were fun. I decided that it would be neat to have our auditorium look like a ball field. My brains were Julie and Dana and the helpers were Kay and Michelle. They all did a fabulous job.
- The screen was the score board
- Below it we made a fence and hung banners advertising different area companies on them. I went to the companies in town and borrowed their banners. Most of them were all for it.
- I bought a green outdoor rug to look like the field and painted the pitcher's mound on it. Then I placed the mound under the speaker's stand, so that he could "pitch his message to us" :-)
- Julie filled the windows with bats, gloves and balls and gave it the all-star American look.
- We also hung pennant banners in the fellowship hall where everyone ate.
- All of the teachers were encouraged to wear their team's colors.
- PreK-K - Marlins
- 1st - 3rd - Royals
- 4th - 6th Astro's
- Teens - Blue Jay's
- Adults - Padro's