Tuesday, November 25, 2014

"...And He Shall Direct thy Path"

Not long ago, during another medical crisis, when I felt that I was at the end of my rope and had no idea where to go, I ran to the Savior and asked Him for direction. These are the verses He gave me...

Proverbs 3:5-6 "In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy pathsBe not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil. It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.

So, I have been asking Him, a lot, to direct me. I've asked Him to put me in places that I need to be, where I can be used to minister, where I can grow and protect and help my family. As a daughter, mom and wife, I make so many bad decisions, so I need my all-seeing, all-knowing God to direct me.  

I'm also constantly reminding myself to commit myself to and to trust God. Psalm 37:5 "Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass."
I know if I put my life, my decisions, my all, in His hands, He will work it out for His good. YES, I said HIS good... but ultimately, that also means my good. It might not always be fun and easy but I will grow and make a difference in His kingdom, if I am just willing. 
He loves me. He's my heavenly Father and I am His baby girl. I know He will do what He feels is best for me.

Sometimes, He works things out in a weird way. 

Just saying :-)

Well at least not the way, I would work it out. Of course that is not saying much. I'm a bit of a mess. :-)

Last Thursday night, our sweet boy was put to bed, and not long after, he started screaming and crying. He would stop for a few minutes, cuddle up to us and attempt to fall asleep but then would start screaming again. I knew he wasn't feeling well, but I thought this was just a growing pain. 

I put some arnica on his legs and a heating pad. Nothing I did helped. This happened for a few hours before I just was at my wits' end. So, in the middle of the night, I called my pediatrician who answered the phone and told me that it was probably an ear infection. She told us that if we had some liquid ibuprofen to give that to him. We didn't, as our son has never had to take any pain meds before. We thought he was getting better, we tried a few more things and finally, by 3:30 am, my husband went out to get the medicine.  He returned, gave it to "A" and it knocked him out. 

We were advised to come see the doctor in the morning and so we did. While we were in the office, we asked her to check "T" as well because she had still not fully recovered from the pneumonia that she had 2 weeks prior. She wasn't bad but had started to have a heavier wheeze. 

Ms. Margaret was a bit concerned and so she tested her for RSV. It came back positive. She gave us some different medicines to try to treat her at home. We felt like we could fight it, but we were told to watch her. That night, she was extremely agitated and wheezing very badly. I called Ms. Margaret real early and she gave me some advice as well as telling me to count her breaths. By the time, I counted them, I realized that she was breathing way to fast. We were advised to take her to a Nemours facility as they are specifically a pediatric hospital and have a pediatric ER and Urgent Care Center. Hubby felt led to go to the hospital so that if she was bad enough, we would be right there and wouldn't have to be transferred to the hospital.

Once we arrived at the hospital, they gave her attention within 15 minutes and, very soon ,after that we realized that this was more serious then we thought. My heart broke and tears gushed when I realized that she would be admitted.  Then when we found out she was going to be put in ICU, it just cemented how bad she was. 

Now days later, while she is fighting, though, I look back and see how much God really guided and led us.

Psalms 30:5b says"Weeping may endure for a night but joy cometh in the morning" Even though we are still in the fight, I see lots of joy (or peace) that has come from this all.
I believe God allowed that ear infection which led to us being at the doctor and getting her tested again. Then the next day, He led us through our doctor, a dear nurse friend, and advice from my grandma and mom to take her to the hospital. Then He led my husband to go to the hospital instead of just urgent care which led us to an amazingly attentive ER doctor, which then in return led us to the care she needs to fight this virus. 

Yes, we have had weeping, we have had sleepless nights but it has led to "T" being protected, and eventually I believe her healing.

I can't thank my Guide, my God and our Protector enough for leading us and directing us. -Rejoicing in the Present

No comments:

Post a Comment