Monday, November 10, 2014

Antique Desk Re-Vamp

If you have followed me on this blog, you KNOW that I LOVE to craft, paint, re-model and give different pieces a new look. So, you can ONLY imagine my excitement when I stumbled upon this beauty. My in-laws decided to get rid of it and thus I decided to make it my new project. It had some wear and tear but that gave it more of an antique look.

So what did I use?
  1. Dark Turquoise Rustoleum 2x Cover Spray Paint
  2. White Paint
  3. White Spray-paint 
What did I do?
  1. I wiped everything down.
  2. Took out the drawers.
  3. Took off the hardware.
  4. Then I give the table a coat of turquoise spray paint.
  5. Next I painted the drawers white and spray-painted the hardware turquoise.
  6. I gave the desk and drawers a couple of coats over the next couple days until I felt like it was finished.
At one point I sanded different points down to give it more of an antique look but I changed my mind and spray painted it again. 

Below is a picture of the final project. I am selling this piece since I don't have room for it in my house, BUT it is probably my favorite of the pieces I've done!

It would be ADORABLE as a changing table or a desk (hahahaha) or even an entry way table. - Rejoicing in the Present





No comments:

Post a Comment